milk

Livestock, Milk Production and Income-Southern Region

Dan Cattle, Dairy, Industry News Release, Pork, USDA-NASS

Cash Receipts for Meat Animals Up/Milk Production Increased Total 2017 production of meat animals (cattle and calves and hogs and pigs) for the United States totaled 81.7 billion pounds, up 4 percent from 2016. Production increased 4 percent for cattle and calves and 3 percent for hogs and pigs. Total 2017 cash receipts from marketings of meat animals increased 7 percent to …

usda

USDA Trims Red Meat Production Numbers

Dan Beef, Exports/Imports, Industry News Release, Industry Videos-Promoting Agriculture, Pork, Poultry

USDA slightly reduced its projections for red meat and poultry production in 2018. The forecast is slightly lower than last month, primarily due to a drop in beef production, which will more than offset increased pork and turkey production. The latest World Ag Supply and Demand Estimates Report says broiler production remains unchanged. USDA sees lower cattle slaughter and weights, …

meatball

Celebrating National Meatball Day

Dan This Land of Ours

Cathy Isom finishes out this week of celebrating food with one food holiday that you can literally have a ball. That’s coming up on This Land of Ours. Celebrating National Meatball Day Friday, March 9th is National Meatball Day. This unofficial food holiday is a perfect way to celebrate the little orbs of meat that makes so many dishes special. …

usad

USDA Projecting Strong Red Meat, Poultry Exports

Dan Beef, Exports/Imports, Industry News Release, Pork, Poultry

In spite of a strong U.S. dollar, the USDA is projecting red meat and poultry exports= to rise steadily over the next decade. The trade website, Meating Place Dot Com, says steady global economic growth, especially in developing economies, will drive foreign demand from the U.S. market. After dropping in the early part of this decade, beef exports should begin …

pork

NPPC Statement on Pork. The Other White Meat® Ruling

Dan Industry News Release, Pork

The U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia issued a ruling on a suit challenging the sale of the Pork. The Other White Meat® trademarks. The National Pork Producers Council (NPPC) sold the trademarks to the National Pork Board in 2006. The following statement may be attributed to Ken Maschhoff, an Illinois pork producer and president of the National …

red meat production

Red Meat Production Sets December Record

Dan Beef, Cattle, Industry News Release, Pork, Sheep-Goats

American red meat production totaled 4.40 billion pounds in December of 2017, up slightly from December of the previous year. For the calendar year 2017, commercial red meat production was 52 billion pounds. That was three percent higher than the previous year. Additional packing capacity helped make 2017 a very good year for pork producers. Large export demand at home …