Last month, the Senate committee on Environment and Public Works held a hearing on Examining the Implications of Sackett v. Environmental Protection Agency for Clean Water Act Protections of Wetlands and Streams. Senator Kevin Cramer (R-ND) is on that committee and was at the hearing, and in fact asked several questions of the witnesses. Host Sabrina Halvorson talked with Senator Cramer shortly after about the hearing and about WOTUS in general. This was just before the House selected the new Speaker, and Senator Cramer and Sabrina also discussed the delays in the House and what that could mean for the new farm bill.
Each week we highlight essential legislative and policy conversations affecting agriculture nationwide. Host Sabrina Halvorson is a 30-year media veteran known nationally for her award-winning, balanced, and accurate reporting. For more than 10 years, she has specialized in agriculture news focused on political issues. While most agriculture news podcasts focus primarily on Midwest crops, we uniquely understand specialty crops, their regions, and their related industries. AgNet Weekly also traverses the legislative issues of the livestock industry and other matters related to California and Southeast agriculture.
November 11, 2023 – Senator Kevin Cramer on WOTUS and the Farm Bill – AgNet Weekly with Sabrina Halvorson
- November 11, 2023 – Senator Kevin Cramer on WOTUS and the Farm Bill
- November 4, 2023: Secretary Vilsack on Rural Investments
- October 28: NCBA on New Speaker of the House Mike Johnson
- October 21, 2023: Farmer in Favor of OFF Act
- October 14, 2023: Tomato Suspension Agreement Pt 2
- October 7, 2023: Tomato Suspension Agreement PT1
- SPECIAL EPISODE: U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack Interview on Potential Shutdown
- September 23, 2023: Ag Labor Wages and the AEWR
- September 16, 2023: Congressman Dan Kildee on Sugar Policy
- September 9, 2023: Trade Update with Brian Kuehl
National Correspondent / AgNet Media, Inc.
Sabrina Halvorson is an award-winning journalist, broadcaster, and public speaker who specializes in agriculture. She primarily reports on legislative issues and hosts The AgNet Weekly podcast. Sabrina is a native of California’s agriculture-rich Central Valley.