During the Cattle Industry Convention last week in New Orleans, the Environmental Stewardship Award Program (ESAP), which annually recognizes outstanding stewardship practices and conservation achievements of cattle producers, honored the seven regional winners. And according to Alabama Cattlemen’s Association (ACA) Executive Vice President, Erin Beasley, the Region II winner is from Alabama.
The Environmental Stewardship Award Program Regional Winners this year are:
- Region I: Lamb Farms, Inc., Oakfield, New York
- Region II: Carter Cattle Company, LLC, Pintlala, Alabama
- Region III: Huth Polled Herefords and S&H Livestock Enterprises, LLC, Oakfield, Wisconsin
- Region IV: Parks Ranch, Goliad County, Texas
- Region V: Mannix Brothers Ranch, Helmville, Montana
- Region VI: Fulstone Ranches, Smith, Nevada
- Region VII: Jorgensen Land & Cattle Partnership, Ideal, South Dakota
ESAP is sponsored by companies and federal agencies who share the cattle industry’s commitment to caring for the environment and protecting natural resources. They include U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service, Corteva Agriscience, McDonald’s, and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. They all partner with the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) to promote environmental stewardship throughout the beef supply chain.