The 2022 Citrus & Specialty Crop Expo just a couple of months away, as it will be held August 17-18 at the Lee County Civic Center in North Fort Myers and there will be various seminar topics at this year’s event that you won’t want to miss.
Topics of interest to all growers will be highlighted the first morning of the Expo, including the Florida Ag Issues session. It will feature presentations tailored to citrus, vegetable and specialty crop growers. This session will begin at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 17. Other crucial topics impacting these industries at this year’s seminar program include:
- Agricultural economic outlook and the impact of supply chain and inflationary pressures
- Where is fertilizer pricing headed?
- A closer look at Senate Bill 1000, the citrus site-specific nutrient recommendations
- New research to update BMP nutrient recommendations for citrus and other vegetable crops
- Guidance on obtaining federal dollars available to growers through various disaster relief and aid programs
- Opportunities to grow bamboo as an alternative crop
- Application of therapeutics
- Asian citrus psyllid and HLB management updates
- Updates on the use of gibberellic acid and zinc to reduce fruit drop
- The use of cover crops and compost to improve soil health and biology and more
Preregistration is underway, and all preregistered growers will be eligible for a chance to win a John Deere gun safe, courtesy of Everglades Equipment Group.