Sweet potatoes are not a crop we think a lot about across the Southeast. But one farmer in Baldwin County, Alabama thinks about them regularly. His story will receive both statewide and national exposure. On the next episode of “Simply Southern TV”, Joel Sirmon will explain what it takes to grow sweet potatoes.
Alabama Farmers Federation’s Kevin Worthington, co-host of “Simply Southern TV,” told Southeast AgNet’s Randall Weiseman, this episode will show the amount of work that is required to produce sweet potatoes.
Viewers can catch the show on the following channels this weekend:
- WLTZ-TV 38 in Columbus, Georgia, on Saturday at 5 p.m.
- WPMI-TV 15 in Mobile on Sunday at 6 a.m.
- WBMA-TV 33/40 in Birmingham on Sunday at 6:30 a.m.
- WAFF-TV 48 in Huntsville on Sunday at 9 a.m.
- WAKA-TV 8 in Montgomery on Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
- WTVY-TV 4 in Dothan on Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
The show will air on RFD-TV cable network next Wednesday at 5 p.m. Central time. The episode will also available on the show’s website: www.SimplySouthernTV.net.