New cattle producers are invited to attend the Alabama Cooperative Extension System’s new Beef Systems Short Course. The short course is a multi-night lecture series covering the fundamentals of beef production and is geared toward new and limited experience producers. Over four nights, producers will learn how to run a profitable beef production. There is a $40 registration fee, and all participants will receive a copy of Extension’s recently updated Alabama Beef Handbook.
Topics covered include:
- Forages and Nutrition
- Herd Health and Reproduction
- Record Keeping and Environmental Stewardship
- Economics and Meat Science
- Dekalb County
- Sept. 17, Sept. 19, Sept. 23 and Sept. 25 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sand Mountain Research and Extension Center, Crossville
- Franklin County
- Sept. 24, Sept. 26, Oct. 1 and Oct. 3 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- A.W. Todd Center, Russellville
- Blount County
- Sept. 24, Oct. 1, Oct. 8 and Oct. 15 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Blount County Extension office, Oneonta
- Tallapoosa County
- Oct. 15, Oct. 22, Oct. 29 and Nov. 5 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tallapoosa County Extension office, Dadeville
- Mobile County
- Oct. 29, Oct. 30, Nov. 5 and Nov. 6 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Mobile County Extension office, Mobile