For many years the Florida Cattlemen’s Association (FCA) Sweetheart contest has been a featured part of their convention each year. The winner of the contest serves as a promotional spokesman and ambassador for the industry for the coming year. Contestants are judged on their knowledge of the industry, their poise and ability to field questions from the public and media and their ability to convey the positive messages about the healthiness of including beef in the diet and the positive aspects of the cattle industry overall.
Big congratulations to Elizabeth Tauchen from Highlands County, the 2018 FCA Sweetheart. Tauchen was crowned by Florida Commissioner of Agriculture Adam Putnam during the membership banquet at the FCA Annual Convention last night.
Women from different counties compete for this prestigious honor every year. This year other candidates included:
- Bailey Davis – Clay County
- Baily Simpson – Osceola County
- Delanie Bartell (Miss Congeniality) – Sarasota County
- Paxton Evans (Second runner-up) – Polk County
- Taylor Pearce (First runner-up) – Okeechobee
- Casey Wingate – Manatee County
- Jade Banks – Hillsborough County
Share this Post