Cathy Isom give you the ins and outs about how to make your very own all-natural cleaning ingredients. That’s coming up on This Land of Ours.
Making your own cleaning products is easier than you think. Now that you know what you need, here are some ideas for doing it yourself.
- For cleaning upholstery and carpets, or making your own stain remover, mix water, castle soap, and vinegar.
- Disinfecting, Water, borax, and vinegar can get the job done, perhaps nicely scented with some lemon juice.
- Doing Dishes, mix water, castile soap, vinegar, lemon juice, and washing soda for a DIY dish-washing detergent.
- For a natural laundry detergent, use 2 parts Borax, 2 parts washing soda, and 1 part grated castile soap
- For dusting, especially on wood, add a little olive oil. Otherwise a spray bottle with water, vinegar, and lemon will do the trick.
- Freshen the carpet with baking soda and a dash of lemon before vacuuming.
- Mix vinegar and water for mopping floors, or a little borax for that extra cleaning.
- Scrub the tub, toilet or sink by using equal parts of castile soap, baking soda, and washing soda.
- And unclog drains with a little baking soda and a couple of spoonfuls of vinegar.
I’m Cathy Isom…