The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) recently announced updates to the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program-2 (CFAP-2), which includes expanded eligibility and increased flexibility. But a deadline of October 12, 2021 was set for eligible producers to apply or modify CFAP-2 applications.
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) encourages eligible producers in Florida to review the program modifications and to apply via local USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) offices before the deadline.
Modifications to the CFAP-2 program include:
- Expanding assistance to eligible breeding stock and eggs of all eligible poultry types produced under contract;
- Providing flexibility for contract producers to use eligible revenue from 2018 rather than 2019 if it is more representative;
- Additional flexibilities to account for operation sizes and new contract producers;
- Amended calculation for sales-based commodities to allow producers to substitute 2018 sales for 2019 sales; and
- The addition of grass seed as an eligible commodity.
For more information contact your local USDA Service center.