Cathy Isom has a few helpful hints for you about some of the best sun-loving flowers for your garden. That’s coming up on This Land of Ours.
Fill your garden with bold, bright, beautiful this summer. There are many sun-loving flowers and plants that come in a range of shapes, sizes and colors. Just make sure your garden beds, pots, containers or planters will be placed in a location to receive full sun exposure most of the day. Add these to your list of gorgeous flowers, and plants, to grow:
- Amaranth – it’s one of the best flowers for full sun, and can reach up to 8 feet in height.
- Blanket Flowers – heat resistant, and brightly colored yellow and red.
- Bottlebrush – a uniquely shaped shrub popular with the pollinators, too.
- Calliandra – it’s puffy flowers attract a range of wildlife from pollinators to birds.
- Cosmos – you’ll love every color
- Cypress Vines – ferny leaves are offset by its tubular, star-shaped red flowers. Just be ready to do a lot of pruning. This vining plant can quickly achieve a 15 foot spread.
I’m Cathy Isom…