Cathy Isom continues with National Farm Safety Week by giving us the Five Safety Tips to remember this fall when agricultural work is at its peak. That’s coming up on This Land of Ours.
Another way you can take part in National Farm Safety and Health week is learning some important safety tips, especially during the fall peak work season.
- Know the important safety and health issues that affect your immediate area.
- Slow down and watch carefully on roadways for slow-moving farm machines.
- Spend a few dollars to invest in the appropriate array of personal protective equipment (PPE) including safety glasses, hearing protection and gloves.
- Make sure all workers are fully qualified and provided with constantly updated training and demonstration to do the job safely. Even experienced workers need adequate supervision and oversight.
- Get involved with your community to address these issues. There are several places where you might start. Check with your local Cooperative Extension office and/or visit your local clinic, hospital or other healthcare centers. Learn about the community outreach events that they offer.
I’m Cathy Isom…