Grab your gardening tools. Cathy Isom is telling you why you’ll want to spend an extra 5 or 10 minutes celebrating in your garden today. That’s coming up on This Land of Ours.
National Weed Your Garden Day is observed annually on June 13. This is a day set aside for all gardeners to take an extra 5 or 10 minutes while weeding their gardens.
One of the best gardening tips is to stay in control of your garden. Weeds grow very fast, fast, and can soon become overwhelming. If you stay on top of them, it is much easier to maintain.Excessive and unwanted weeds will crowd out plant roots and steal the nutrients that are needed for the plants to grow nice and healthy.
Some helpful tips on reducing weeds in your garden:
- Cover the soil along rows and between plants with mulch.
- Make sure to keep all weeds away from young plants.
- It is okay to plant your plants closely together to leave less room for weed growth.
- make sure the soil weed-free before planting.
- Make sure you do not let any of the weeds go to seed.
- And, keep the edges of your yard mowed low to lessen the invasion of weeds onto your property and into your garden. Make sure to post to social media using the hashtag #NationalWeedYourGardenDay.
Share this Post