USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) in Georgia invites producers across the state to take part in the upcoming statewide Water Management Workshop Series. University of Georgia (UGA) and Fort Valley State University (FVSU) extension programs have partnered with NRCS to host these workshops. While they are geared towards smaller acreage and new/beginning farmers, they are open to all who wish to attend and learn. The workshops will explain the different types and efficiencies of impact sprinklers, drip irrigation systems, how to develop an Irrigation Water Management Plan, and hands-on activities assembling basic irrigation systems. And the workshops are FREE to attend.
The workshops will explain the efficiencies of impact sprinklers, drip irrigation systems, how to develop an Irrigation Water Management Plan, and hands-on activities assembling basic irrigation systems.
2019 Workshop Dates and Locations
Workshops will begin at 9 AM and conclude around 3 PM
- February 22– Georgia Mountain Research and Education Center, 195 Georgia Mountain Experiment Station Road, Blairsville, GA 30512, Phone (706) 745-2655.
- March 5 – Wayne County Extension Office, 1900 Sunset Boulevard, Jesup, GA 31545. Phone (912) 427-5965.
- April 3 – Houston County Extension Office, 801 Main Street, Perry, GA 31069. Phone (478) 987-2028.
- May 7 – Dougherty County Extension Office, 125 Pine Ave, Suite 100, Albany, GA 31701. Phone (229) 436-7216.
- May 13 – Gordon County Extension Office, 1282 Hwy 53 Spur SW, Calhoun, GA 30701. Phone (706) 629-8685.
- May 15 – Cobb County Water Lab, 660 South Cobb Dr., Marietta, GA 30060. Cobb County Extension Phone (770) 528-4070.
There is no registration fee for the workshops – they are being sponsored.
To register online visit: tinyurl.com/CRSSWater or contact Dr. Gary L. Hawkins (706-310-3526 or 706-310-3464) or the above listed County Extension Offices of the workshop location.
USDA is an equal opportunity employer, provider and lender
If you need an accommodation, please contact Gary Hawkins, 706-310-3526, please contact by 21 days prior to workshop date.